Monday, February 25, 2013

Wishy Washy: February 2013

I thought when we moved to Savannah, we could throw Seasonal Affected Disorder out the window. February 2013 hasn't been particularly cold, but the weather's been dreary at best. And when you're home only 3-5 days at a time, you don't want to waste your time in the dreariness.

Only Happy When It Rains was a 1995 grunge-era anthem from the Madison, Wisconsin based band Garbage. It really encapsulates weather and moods:

"You know I love it when the news is bad."

"I only listen to sad, sad songs."

"I only smile in the dark."

"Pour your misery down on me."

So rain is popular in some circles. I love watching summer thunderstorms from my porch, and I know my lawn appreciates a good drenching.

But last week and this week, I'm trying to get the kids some exercise - they looked so miserable sitting at car riders in their raincoats. And more importantly I'm trying to shop for the next family roadster.

How do car dealers sell on days like this when customers are sloshing through puddles? Who wants to go out and kick tires or look at interiors or go on test-drives, much less spend money on a day like today...or tomorrow? Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment