Thursday, July 18, 2013

Road Trip 2013 Day 7: Amusement Only


I know my family was suffering through withdrawal because we hadn't been to Hershey Park in 379 days, but to spend 7+ hours in an amusement park while heat indices approached 110, that's going above and beyond my parental contract.

Except...I had fun too. The heat was oppressive but splashing around in "The Boardwalk" section of the park was a good antidote. And it was great to see the kids unified and focused. They were high-maintenance in wanting to go on as many rides as possible, but they were extremely low-maintenance as far as wanting shit (snacks, souvenirs, etc). And while the kids were busy being buddies chasing common goals, there were several hours of detente.


Hershey PA is only about 3 hours from NYC (I don't want to think how far from Savannah), so this could become an annual family tradition. But if we do this in 2014 I'm going to have to consult the Farmer's Almanac and look for the day most likely to be 82 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment